Angels in Fur Dog Rescue goal is to make sure our little Angels find the best home and most loving owner. We want to make sure we have the best match for all and it will be for a lifetime. Our process is to insure the best for the animal and the new owner.
- Information needed: Complete our adoption application by downloading the application. This should be completed with little or no omissions or incorrect data. Please understand that we cannot process your application if you do not take the time to fill out properly.
- Interview: First, we want to find our dogs the best possible homes. Second, we want to match personalities and lifestyles as much as possible
- Home Visit: We want to see how our dogs feel about things. We may bring one of our dogs with us to check out your house. We are trained to look for the unforeseen “escape” routes, possible hazards to an animal and to get a feel of how a dog responds to their new surroundings.
- Other animals: If there are other pets involved we have them meet on neutral ground.
- Weekend Visit: If all of this works out, then the new dog can spend the night on a Friday and stay the weekend, as long as the won’t be left alone for long periods. We recommend gradually leaving them for short periods of time.
- Ok, let’s try this: If this works out, the new dog can go into the work week. We ask to see if someone can come home and check on them mid day just for a few days until all is comfortable.
- Ready: The new dog has started its “trial period” for the next week and at the end of the week we talk about adoption. (Trial periods are two weeks, sometimes this can be extended depending on situation)
- Contract: Once we have found our “perfect” match, you will be asked to sign a contract and pay the adoption fees. Your new Angel is now ready to go home with you.
- Adoption fees range start at $350.
- Full Paws: Our dogs come with a bed, bowls, leashes, toys to get his new life started
- Follow ups: We want to make sure everything is going well so expect a call from us.
- Happy Tails: Please send us photos of you and your newest family member. We love to hear happy stories and will post on our website.